A world-class manufacturer of optical components for over 30 years.
- ISO 9001:2008
- Analytical Chemistry
- Life Sciences
- TELECOM Applications
- Space Sciences and other applications where high quality optics are key.
Optometrics caters, in particular, to the needs of its OEM customers by offering special services such as:
- Kanban stocking arrangements
- Custom packaging programs
- Bar coding capabilities
- Code names for complete confidentiality
- Higher level pre-aligned optical assemblies
The company is also proud of its ability to support customers in all phases of the product development cycle.
In order to accomplish this, the Company has assembled state-of-the-art facilities and people to produce:
- diffraction gratings, ruled & holographic, original & replicated
- interference filters
- optical components
- laser gratings & products
- monochromators & accessories
- grating design software
- wire grid polarizers, ruled & holographic, and
- TELECOM components
In order to provide its customers with high-quality products, Optometrics has, both on staff and by agreement, many key technical personnel and consultants including:
- Staff Engineer, with degrees from Wentworth Institute and Northeastern University in Mechanical Engineering and twenty years experience with the Company in grating fabrication and development;
- Quality Manager, with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Wentworth Institute and over fifteen years of experience in mechanical and production engineering for several area manufacturing companies;
A research scientist with the U.S. Air Force and a candidate for a Ph.D. in Physics provides
general optical consulting to the company;
A top scientist, formerly with the U.K. National Physical Laboratories, who wrote the book
“Diffraction Gratings”, provides consultancy to the company’s holographic laboratories;
- A former staff engineer, now an independent engineering consultant, providing mechanical, optical and software consulting services to the company;
- A former staff member, with an advanced degree in Biochemistry and a career as Product and Sales Managers for several of the leading life sciences companies, provides the Company with consulting services in the fields of instrumentation applications and sales and marketing;
Several experienced and dedicated thin-film manufacturing, engineering and assembly
technicians and team leaders, round out the Company’s key technical staff.